Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Friday, January 17, 2014

Snowman Alert

Meet our first snowman - Nathan!

We were recently in Long Island, New York for the holidays (It was such a gift to be blessed with family time and much, much more - hallelujah. Thanks again to all who made it possible - you know who you are.).  And as we were hoping, it snowed! The boys had never seen snow nor had they played in it; both got to happen! Of course, I enjoyed getting right in their with them (This Minnesotan knows how to play in the snow!!!).


As anyone knows, in order to make a snowman, the snow needs to be wet and sticky. It took a few days to reach that point, but the snow was finally ready when we went to visit a nearby shopping center. A pile of snow called out to me, and I brought Isaiah over to help me build his first snowman! Not being close to home, the supplies were limited. I was able to scrounge up an empty Nathan's beverage cup (hence the name of our snowman) for the hat and a couple rolled up balls of old tape for the eyes. For the arms, there were a few twigs from the above tree laying on the ground.


Oh, the joys of being free and adventurous! This is only the beginning of snowmen making for our family. The boys will become experts, I have no doubt!



"God sends his orders to the world—how swiftly his word flies! 
He sends the snow like white wool; he scatters frost upon the ground like ashes." 
Psalm 147:15-16

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...