Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Friday, January 3, 2014

Learning to Encourage

What a joy to have two boys - Isaiah and Jeremiah - learning to encourage one another in this race we call life. We are all together and even more when it is happening in a family. The boys see each other every day, as I do the same. In some ways (for those working in the corporate world) they are co-workers; they are partners. They need all the encouragement they can get and give - making good choices is not something that comes natural to our nature. Reaching a common goal is how they need to learn to see life and live it. Whether it is during meal time or play time or nap time, they can be learning what it means to give and receive encouragement. We all need it; we all get it.

As Isaiah learns to do the small things for Jeremiah, like holding his bottle, Jeremiah will in turn learn how to be there for Isaiah when he is able. As the boys learn to encourage each other, they will effect those around them in growing in the gift of encouragement.

"So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing." 1 Thessalonians 5:11

 "Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you." 2 Corinthians 13:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...