Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Thursday, October 24, 2013

More About Them; Less About Me

More about them and less about me. That is just how it works. If something needs to increase, something else has to decrease.

When Isaiah was growing inside of me, I had less and less of me and more and more of him. My body was less and less my own, and more and more of him. My organs and bones literally had to make room for him! Now that is intense - my internal organs and parts shifting out of their original spots - positions that each part has known for so many years. WHAT! Hallelujah for God's amazing miracle in child rearing...

I summed up my pregnancy with Isaiah in these words: "It is the most beautiful way of becoming less selfish."

Hallelujah that God does not leave us as we are. He promises to come along side of me (and you) and help me through each time of refinement - refinement with the purpose of bringing glory to his name and bringing me closer to him (He being perfect, much like a lazer beam used in surgeries these days, must have us be in the same likeness in order to stand anywhere close to Him - light meeting with light does not need to adjust much because it is in the same likeness.).

As the days have continued to progress through motherhood (and marriage and many other areas of life), I have had on-going moments of being beautified in the service of these boys - men of God in small packages. Some days I seem to surrender much easier to the demands that each moment can bring (and with two children, it seems like the punches to my flesh have so much more force behind them!). Other moments I need to give myself a time-out!!! When my patience has been stretched past its breaking point, I can be insensitive and rude - ouch! Those days, I can end up asking the boys for forgiveness at least three times, if not more. Hallelujah for grace and mercy reigning in a family.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...