Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Okay With the Dirt

Isaiah is very interested in playing in the dirt, these days. He loves the rocks and the tools and messiness of it all combined. "Mama, come." This is what he says to me as I sit near-by in a chair. He looks at me, says "Mama come," while pointing to a spot right next to him on the patio floor! Being with him means, literally, being as close as possible in proximity to him in what he is doing.

Getting down to where he is, stopping what I am doing, and learning how to play again is helping me with humility. There are so many times when I am teaching the boys, that I realize they are teaching me. Many times I hear my own voice coming right back at me when it initially was meant for the boys to hear. "Ask Jesus to give you grace to obey." "I did not say no. I simply said yes with a wait attached." "You can trust me." "Say 'I am loved,' 'I am blessed.'" "You are doing a great job." "Love does not hurt. It is patient. It is not rude." "Acknowledge someone when they are speaking to you." Oh to be humbled by those that you would not expect it to come from.

Children are a blessing because they ruin all the parts of you that have been exalting themselves. God is gracious to bring me to my knees in such a sweetly, packaged way: Isaiah and Jeremiah!

Hallelujah for being okay with the dirt - for being okay with being brought low...

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you. I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that now at length you have revived your concern for me. You were indeed concerned for me, but you had no opportunity. Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need. I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:8-13


No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...