Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Monday, October 14, 2013

The Importance of Importance

The importance of what is important has never been more sensitive than now. Since becoming a mother, the LORD has instructed me again and again on how to prioritize righteously. How do I decide between the boys and the dishes? When do I sit with the boys while they play with cars or trains INSTEAD of getting some bills paid? Do I choose laundry or the boys? When should I sit down to write to all of you? When do I choose to play with the kids rather than clean the kitchen floor? How can I continue to work on my music while the boys are present? When should I nap - what day, that is? THIS, my friends, has become even more of a challenge now that Jeremiah has come to me. Jesus HELP!
I never thought I would be a professional juggler, but that is what motherhood truly is!!! A manager is one who can hold many pieces together, calmly, and effectively. That too, is something I never thought I would do. YET, here I am today, managing and juggling a household. One moment at a time, is how I roll with things. Keeping a list of things to accomplish is what has seemed to help me. When the boys lay down for their nap, I find that I am most effective if I brew a cup of coffee and take one item on my list at a time, starting with the most important first. One by one, I get things done, and when the boys wake up, I just know that I need to push the pause button on whatever I am in the middle of. I do end up, eventually, getting back to whatever was put on pause...I must say that the "pause button" is one of my favorite, tangible ways of extending grace to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...