Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Raw Desire


The raw desire; 
The unsatisfied longing; 
The sole desire of mommy. 
It cannot be bought. It cannot be matched. It cannot be faked. 
It must be met or...the crying will go on and on and on.

We start life 
With the longing 
To be near our mama. 
And we slowly get weaned from needing her, 
Yet 
We always 
Carry around in us 
The same recognizable 
Urge.

The urge of raw desire.
It is strong.
It does not fade
As time passes
And as we grow in age.
The urge of raw desire
Remains.

How we feed
The raw desire
Is different from 
Person to person.

God has intended
To be the sole provider
Of satisfying 
Our Raw Desire
Because
He intended it
To be filled and satisfied
Only
By 
Him,
Creator and Sustain
Of Mankind.

Our urge of raw desire
Is
Implanted bGod
And
For God
Alone.

Nothing else
No one else
Can satisfy its cry
Until God comes and satisfies it
That raw desire will
Cry on and on and on
Just as it did as when we were an infant.


The raw desire; 
The unsatisfied longing; 
The sole desire of God. 
It cannot be bought. It cannot be matched. It cannot be faked. 
It must be met or...the crying will go on and on and on.

So let us be bold
In declaring our raw desire
And 
Boldly approaching the Throne of Grace and Mercy
For God
To satisfy and quench
The raw desire.




"Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. 
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
Psalm 73:25-26

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...