Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Friday, February 21, 2014

Gospel Feet



Readied with feet fitted with the gospel of peace...


Steadied with the gospel...


Prepared for the days ahead, to be rooted and grounded in love, 
allowing the joy of the LORD to be their strength.

As we, as a family, are faced with days of grief and mourning, I am thinking upon the boys... How are they going to learn the ways of grief, except to walk through them. How are they going to understand the ways of mourning, except to feel the raw reality of the human heart. Part of me wants to protect them from feeling it all, yet I know they need to feel it in order to follow Jesus in the days to come.

Training and raising up the boys to become the men of God that they are ordained to be, requires me to welcome the painful things that are a part of life. I cannot keep them sheltered from the very things that they will face, if I want them to overcome. I must guide them in right responses. I must guide them in working through their emotions. Part of that is helping them recognize what they do not even see themselves.

I can see them reacting to what is happening around them, however, they do not see it. They cannot see themselves grieving because they never have grieved. If they cannot see it, then they do not know how to rightly respond. There-in-lies one of the many responsibilities God has entrusted to me - help them understand, help them see, and help them hear the whispers of God to their in-most being.

So, with that sobering truth, as a parent, I humbly bring them to the throne of my Heavenly Father...

"Abba, Father, help Isaiah and Jeremiah understand what it is to grieve and mourn. Give them wisdom. Guide them, Holy Spirit, in this hour, in this day. Show them what I cannot. Help them through this. Lead them in the ways of the Kingdom of Heaven. Open their eyes and open their ears. Help them see you and hear you. Jesus, in your name. Holy Spirit, come and flood over them. Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...