Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Friday, December 13, 2013

The Ultimate Washing


Bath times are a big deal in our home! The boys LOVE the water. They love the splashing and swimming (of course to them that is what it is when they can lay down and move their limbs like a fish!) and playing and being naked - and sometimes even doing their laundry (Isaiah is all about doing what I do, so of course, he needed to do the washing in his own way!). There is so much that must remind them of the womb - being surrounded by a cushion of liquid - warmth and nourishment.

God has made water to be such a crucial part of our lives. He fashioned us to be brought forth from a womb filled with water; He had the earth covered in it before undergoing six days of creation; He used it to cleanse the earth from sin when Noah built the ark; He had John the Baptist baptize Jesus in the river; Jesus turned water into wine. One amazing moment, that stood out the most to me, was Jesus kneeling before his disciples with a basin filled with water to wash their feet. "He got up from the meal, took off his outer clothing, and wrapped a towel around his waist. After that, he poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel that was wrapped around him." (John 13: 4-5) The Maker of Heaven and earth, in one of the most humblest of positions - the position of a servant, washing another persons feet.

I could not help but take notice of the fact that Jesus chose the feet. It was not the head or the hands or any other part. It was the feet. Of what importance are the feet? Why did the feet get so dirty and be in such a need to be cleaned? I think it has something to do with what Paul spoke about in Galatians when he mentioned the "feet fitted with the gospel of peace." Our feet take us places. They represent who we are. And if we are going to be bringing the gospel of Jesus Christ to the nations, then we need to be pure and clean - holy as our Heavenly Father is holy (I have heard that explained to me in the best way: Obey God in all that He reveals to you.).

"Thank you, LORD, for the sweet reminder of what water represents and how You have used it in so many ways. Let me not be afraid of it, nor the boys, but let us gladly drench ourselves in the water You have provided to cleanse us from the inside out."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...