Minnesota to Miami

Minnesota to Miami

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Family Dynamics

The dynamics of family are wonderful - and sometimes full of trials. Each person brings something to the mix. Some days, one of us may be feeling sick. Other days, one of us may be feeling excited. While other days, one of us may be feeling overwhelmed.



No matter what each of us is going through or what is happening around us, we must remain unified in righteousness - rooted and grounded in Love. The things that matter are often times the hardest to produce. Such as honesty - it roles off the tongue quite easy, however, it takes trust and courage to be honest. And when I say honest, I mean the humble and loving kind. Not the "I am right and everyone needs to be set right." 

Being quick to listen and slow to speak - that's another hard one. Love in a family means that we take an interest in hearing about how each of us is doing/feeling. We take the time to ask questions and truly listen - no matter what needs to be said. It also means that there is an understanding of how much time there is and the sharing of that time - properly distributing time is valuable - recognizing that some are verbal processors and others are internal processors. 

Supporting each other is key. No one gets left out or left behind. We are a team, and in order to overcome and do well, we need each other. Only by God's grace will that be achieved.

"Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited. Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." Romans 12




No comments:

Post a Comment

Top Mommy Blogs

If you like what you just read please click to send a quick vote for me on Top Mommy Blogs- The best mommy blog directory featuring top mom bloggers

Popular Posts

My Blog List

  • Even though our child’s death was a still-birth, our marriage took a hit that I was not expecting. The pronouncement of my child’s death took place at a r...
  • Let's talk for a minute about self-care. Now, I know what you’re thinking…“There's a pandemic going on. I'm helping my kids with online academics. I'm wo...
  • Choose Joy and Oil is on the move.
  • "What I tell you in the dark, speak in the daylight; what is whispered in your ear, proclaim from the roofs." Jesus tells his disciples this in Matthew 10,...
  • If you stumble across this blog, I'm glad you came. Feel free to browse. When you are finished you can visit me at my new internet home... wordsfromthenor...
  • The simple definition for tidal wave is *"a very large amount of something"* - and my, oh my, have we had a large amount of somethings going on here. My ...
  • こうならないように、へたってくると腰にダメージがくるので、本当にありがたく感じ。膝頭を手で支えながら、日本市場 … "高反発マットレス"の続きを読む
  • Hello faithful followers and new visitors. I have some exciting news...this site is getting a complete makeover! I have been doing a lot of soul searching,...
  • For the first part of my son's story, see Birth Story Part 1: Unexpected Challenges. Thursday, July 16th We were scheduled for induction at noon, but as is...
  • [image: Back to school snack solutions to give kids the after school fuel they need to stay focused and organized in the back to school routine.]*This is ...